The Cathedral Explorer
Come and adventure around Bright, in the beautiful Ovens River valley. Situated less than four hours drive north from Melbourne, Bright is the perfect location for an adventurous weekend getaway or family holiday destination.
Over a few hours you’ll walk, squeeze through chimneys, scramble under, over and around boulders, climb some rope ladders and finally scramble right to the highest point on the Cathedral. After taking in some amazing views that not many people get to appreciate we have an easy abseil right back to the ground.
This isn’t a rock climbing tour, or an abseiling tour, though it includes a bit of both. Think of it as very adventurous bushwalking with ropes and harnesses to keep you safe. No previous climbing or abseiling experience is required but you should be ready to get up high on top of some cliffs!
Duration: 3 hours
Minimum group size: 2 people
Maximum group size: 6 people
Ages: 10 and up
Price: $135 per person
What is included
- Fully qualified and experienced guides
- All safety equipment
- Loads of fun
What to bring
- Sturdy shoes (runners and hiking boots are great, no thongs).
- Suitable clothing (no short shorts or short tops). Mt Buffalo is an alpine environment so please bring some warm clothes. Long pants preferable.
- Water bottle, Sunscreen.
- Personal climbing/abseil safety equipment if you would like to use it. Not essential, and needs to be inspected by your guide before use.
- Any personal medications.
- Sense of adventure!
Where to meet
Meet your BAC guide at the Cathedral Carpark, Mount Buffalo.