Come and adventure around Bright, in the beautiful Ovens River valley. Situated less than four hours drive north from Melbourne, Bright is the perfect location for an adventurous weekend getaway or family holiday destination.
With a wide range of adventures for all levels of experience Bright Adventure Company will deliver a fun, safe and memorable experience.
This experience is perfect for novice kayakers who are ready for a challenge. This family friendly activity is guaranteed to create unforgettable memories whilst you paddle the beautiful Ovens River which is a short drive from Porepunkah and Bright. The tour will include whitewater paddling at grades of 1 to 2 depending on water levels.
Transport to the start of the kayaking trip provided. Your vehicle will be located at the end of the tour.
Duration: 2-3 hours
Minimum group size: 2
Price: $149 per person
Included: Wetsuits, boots, kayaks, paddles, transport, safety equipment
What is included
- Everything to keep you comfortable! Wetsuits, thermals, boots, dry tops as needed to match the weather.
- Sit on top style self-draining kayaks.
- PFDs (life jackets), paddles, helmets and all the gear.
- Experienced guides.
- Fun and adventure!
What to bring
- Swimwear such as board shorts, and a rash vest or t-shirt if the weather is warm.
- We recommend bringing a sunglasses strap for those needing to wear glasses on the river.
Where to meet
Whitewater Kayaking Tour
Meet your BAC guides at the end of Ashwood Avenue, Bright, for transport to the starting point of the tour. You will finish back at your vehicle.
Family Kayaking Tour
We'll meet you at the start time of your tour where Snow Road crosses the Ovens River, 5 minutes drive from Myrtleford.